For me, working in the fitness industry represents a career change that I undertook in my early 40s. While I always had an interest in fitness, and have had an active lifestyle, I worked in communications and journalism for most of my professional career until 2003.
I am aware that many people, particularly those who have been sedentary for many years and those who do not feel comfortable exercising are intimidated by gyms and personal trainers. My aims are
- to provide clients with an environment that challenges them but does not intimidate them;
- to educate them in healthy lifestyle patterns but not preach to them;
- to help them grow in confidence, not make them feel inadequate.
- Certificate III in Fitness (Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor), Fitness Institute of Australia
- Certificate IV in Personal Trainer and Trainer of Special Populations, Fitness Institute of Australia
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Certificate IV Exercise for Children and Young Adolescents
- Member, Australian Fitness Network